Photo credit Paul Warchol.
Located in a land conservancy, a grouping of wood-clad cubes point toward a pond at the bottom of a sloped site. These eight forms follow the topography of the land that is linked by glass enclosed hallways. The hemlock cladding is a nod to the barn structures of the local landscape. IBC Engineering worked in conjunction with GLUCK+ Architects, to provide Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering design services. Providing design assist to the design build contractor for the plumbing and electrical. It was a collaborative sustainable design effort resulting in a high performance energy efficient building.
This project has been awarded numerous awards:
· 2017 Housing Honor Award, AIANY/BSA
· 2017 Honor Award for Residential Design, AIA QUAD Design Award
· 2017 Design Award of Excellence, Society of American Registered Architects (SARA)
· 2017 Winner, The American Architecture Prize
· 2017 International Architecture Award, The Chicago Athenaeum & The European Centre for Architecture
· 2017 Design Award of Merit, Society of American Registered Architects/NY Council (SARA/NY)
· 2017 American Architecture Award, The Chicago Athenaeum & The European Centre for Architecture
· 2016 Residential Architect Design Award, Citation, Architect Magazine